Do you have a much-loved cat? Your ‘fur kid’? Are you expecting or trying for a baby? Does your cat know? Do you want to learn how to prepare your cat for your new baby?
Tell Your Cat You’re Pregnant is filled with easy-to-read, practical advice for creating a loving bond between your cat and new baby. This book provides the latest behavioural knowledge and extensive information about transitioning to a larger, harmonious family. It is a must-read for any cat-owning couple expecting a baby – your cat and baby’s future relationship may just depend on it.
Written by renowned veterinarian and behaviorist, Dr Kirkham has packed this book full of information, helpful tips and the latest behavioural knowledge. It is a must read for any dog owning family who is expecting a baby – your dog’s and baby’s future relationship may just depend on it.
In this step-by-step guide you will learn how to:
- Prepare your cat for your baby
- Accustom your cat to a variety of baby and toy sounds
- Protect you and your baby from cat illnesses, including toxoplasmosis
- Read and interpret your cat’s body language
- Introduce your cat and baby for the first time
- Adjust your routine and the household to keep your cat calm
- Know when you need professional assistance